Summer is finally here! The sun is shining the kids are out of school, the beach and the golf course are beckoning… and employees can’t wait to get to work. Well, maybe that last part isn’t exactly true. A Captivate Network study found that workplace productivity drops 20 percent during the summer months. Projects take 13 percent longer to complete and workers are 45 percent more distracted.
So what can you do to buck this trend and enliven your workforce? If you’re using digital signage for employee communication, you’re in luck. It’s a great vehicle for improving engagement and making work fun. Probably the main reason you added digital signage was to build safety awareness, post important company announcements and recognize workers. That’s great, but by keeping it personal and adding an element of fun, your employees will pay much more attention to the screens.
8 Ways to Improve Engagement with Workplace Digital Signage
1. How I spent my summer vacation. Everyone likes to share pictures. Post a slide show series highlighting how employees are spending their vacation time.
2. Beach bum day on Fridays. Summer is a time to relax the dress code. Announce it on your digital signage with some quick dos and don’ts (No bathing suits, please…).
3. Keeping your cool. Post helpful tips on preventing heat stress, both in and out of work.
4. Making a difference. Summer is a popular time for charity rides, races & walks. Recruit a team, get involved, take pictures and let employees know how you are supporting the community.
5. Don’t miss the picnic! Countdown to your company picnic – Use an automated counter to create excitement around your company picnic. And after the picnic, share the pictures on your screens.
6. Celebrate Staycations. Not everyone can get away. Feature local spots for family fun whether it upcoming festivals, hikes, cultural events or town concerts.
7. Show your team spirit. Do you have a softball league, lunchtime runners or cyclists? Capture them in action and share it on your screens. It’s tangible proof of how your employees are embracing health & wellness.
8. Hooray for interns! Summer often means the addition of college, or high school interns. Make them feel welcome. Take their pictures; post them on PPTs with their name, where they’re from and what they’ll be doing. At the end of summer, shoot a video with short clips on what they learned.
If all else fails, try water balloons. Wishing you a happy, healthy & safe summer!