You’ve likely heard that employee engagement is more important than ever, and it’s true. Study after study shows that employees who feel engaged and connected with their workplace have a stronger work ethic, contribute more to the company’s overall goals, and remain with a company for longer.
The secret to this engagement all comes down to communication. Are you transparent with your employees? Do they understand your company’s mission, and do they feel like they are valued? By properly communicating with your employees, you can increase your engagement, and, in turn, be paid back in multiple ways. Here is a look at some of the most compelling employee communication statistics that show engagement should be made a top priority:
- 83% of employees with opportunities to take on new challenges say they’re more likely to stay with the organization. By motivating employees and presenting them with opportunities, they work harder to achieve those goals.
- Businesses who have engaged employees experience a 20 percent increase in their sales and a 10 percent increase in their customer ratings. When your employees are excited to come to work because they feel engaged, that passion shows through in everything they do, including their interactions with your customers.
- Only 37 percent of engaged employees are seeking other employment or keeping their options open, while 73 percent of disengaged employees are always on the job hunt. Employee retention is an important metric in any company, and quality engagement is one way to improve yours.
- Businesses who have highly engaged employees are able to bring in 21 percent more profit than those who do not. When employees feel engaged, they are dedicated to your company as if it were their own, and they will work hard to prove it.
- Disengaged employees could cost organizations over $450 billion dollars per year. This is because when your employees are not engaged, they are not as productive and not committed to your brand. This loss is experienced in wage dollars, retraining time, loss of profit, loss of sales, and much more.
These workplace communication stats make it clear that employee engagement is imperative to your success. We can help you increase your employee engagement through eye-catching digital signage. By posting a combination of company announcements, safety, health and wellness, employee recognition, and our unique industry-specific content, you’ll be sure to capture your employees’ attention and make them feel valued. We understand what makes today’s workforce tick, and we bring that to your office through powerful signage that brings your engagement to the next level. Use these employee engagement statistics to your advantage and take action today. To learn more about how our digital signage can transform your employee engagement—and therefore your company — contact us now.