Business owners who value their workers and organizational reputation keep occupational safety at the forefront of their minds. Sometimes small-to-medium-sized business leaders need concrete ideas to help maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
Whether your business industry is in an area such as transportation, manufacturing, warehouse, sanitation, hospitality, healthcare, or business services, ensuring a safe workplace is vital. As you strive to keep your employees healthy and protected from potential injury or illness, one strategy to consider is posting digital signage featuring safety quotes for the workplace from leaders and thinkers who have generated widely adopted philosophies and practices on this important topic.
Review 10 Famous Workplace Safety Quotes You Can Post to Keep Everyone Alert and Proactive Against Dangers
If you need some inspiration and solid safety ideas to post on your own workplace digital signage, it may help to learn what safety experts have said on the subject throughout the years. Here are 10 safety quotes for the workplace that can help you get the message across to keep your employees, managers, and guests safe on your premises or in your company vehicles.
1. “Safety brings first aid to the uninjured.” — F.S. Hughes
This idea is akin to “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Better to stay alert to avoid danger than have to tend to those injured because of lack of foresight and planning.
2. “Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of life and death. It is the sum of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die.” -Sir Brian Appleton
Job safety practices are not merely theoretical considerations. Safety leaders must take all lurking dangers seriously and encourage managers and staff to do the same.
3. “Safety is not a gadget but a state of mind.” — Eleanor Everet
The more leaders that create an environment that keeps safety at the forefront of everyone’s minds, the more real and present it becomes to everyone.
4. “At the end of the day, the goals are simple: safety and security.” — Jodi Rell
Such a simple thought, but it is one that is important for business leaders to remember and reinforce to valued staff daily through meetings, emails, and digital message boards.
5. “You are your own last line of defense in safety. It all boils down to you.” — Kina Repp
You can hire all the safety experts to come in and point out your facility’s hazards, but it is up to you and your team to put their guidance into action.
6. “Shallow men believe in luck; wise and strong men in the cause and effect.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Business leaders can only work without acknowledging and managing risk for so long before an accident happens because of a lack of awareness and preparation. You cannot afford to leave things to chance regarding the threat of loss of life and public trust.
7. “An incident is just the tip of the iceberg, a sign of a much larger problem below the surface.” — Don Brown
Incidents provide an opportunity to correct the course. If a smaller accident occurs, it is worth examination to prevent the same incident or worse in the future.
8. “It takes leadership to improve safety.” — Jackie Stewart
When you rely on people to advance your business, it is up to you as a business leader to keep them safe as they do so.
9. “If you put good people in bad systems, you get bad results. You have to water the flowers you want to grow.” — Stephen Covey
Safety is an ongoing consideration. Risk factors can change with each new piece of machinery you buy for your warehouse floor, detour your drivers during delivery, or breach your building’s structure. It is vital that you continually monitor all safety concerns in your business and alert your team members to offer them tools for their own safety.
10. “Safety work is today recognized as an economic necessity. It is the study of the right way to do things.” – Robert W. Campbell
Any time there is a workplace incident, there is the potential for loss of trust in your business. If you have not performed due diligence in health and safety monitoring and communications, you may lose valued employees and put your business and future profits at risk.
Does Your Team Understand Your Organization’s Ideas and Strategies on Job Safety?
Whether you plan to use funny workplace safety quotes or provide a more serious approach to occupational health and safety, workplace digital signage offers unprecedented capabilities in meaningful communication with employees on the manufacturing floor or before heading out to make a delivery. Content as vital as workplace safety requires the perfect communication medium to reach all employees, managers, and facility guests. Digital signage delivers.
Strategically post some of these workplace safety quotes around your business to see if they spark conversations focused on recognizing hazards on the job and avoiding them. Contact us to discuss what types of digital signage will work best to keep your employees safe.