The Marlin Company’s Online Privacy Statement
Last modified: March 19, 2018
At Marlin, we are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining your trust. This Statement describes:
- The types of information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you reach us through social media or visit our website www.themarlincompany.com ("Website").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Statement applies to information that we collect when you interact with Marlin "Online", including:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites, services, and social media (such as Facebook) if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Please read this Statement carefully. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to connect with Marlin Online. By connecting with Marlin Online, you agree to the terms of this Statement. Please check the Statement periodically, as we will update it from time to time.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When you connect with Marlin Online, we collect information from and about you in two ways: (1) directly from you when you provide it to us Online and (2) automatically as you navigate our Website. Such information might include:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as digital files that you submit to us Online and associated metadata included in those files; and/or
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
Information You Provide Directly to Us.
The information that we might receive directly from you include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms submitted to Marlin Online.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you choose to contact us.
- Your search queries on our Website.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your visits, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, as well as the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Computer/Internet Connection. We may collect information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect or that you provide to us to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you.
- Provide you with information that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for shipping, billing, collection, and related activities.
- Notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purpose after first obtaining your consent.
The usage information that we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. For example, it enables us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our products and services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Marlin’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Marlin about our Online users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose after first obtaining your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marlin, our customers, or others.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Marlin. We will use your e-mail address and contact information to promote our own products or services, only if you have chosen to receive such communications. You can opt-out of receiving such communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within such communications or sending an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, if we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will post the new Privacy Statement on this page.
The date the Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Statement to check for any changes.
To ask questions or to comment about this Privacy Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 344-5901