The Marlin Company’s Online Privacy Statement
Last modified: February 21, 2019
The Marlin Company ( “Marlin”) respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
1. Information that you give us
Some visitors to Marlin’s website may choose to interact with it in ways that require them to provide us with personal information. The amount and type of information that you provide will depend on the nature of the interaction.
If you wish to:
- receive our e-newsletter or additional information about Marlin as a company or about its products or services
- try out our product demo
- access our presentations, publications, or blog postings
- register for a webinar or event
- access our on-demand webinars and podcasts
- register for our referral program
then we may ask you to provide information tailored to facilitate these requests including your:
- name and email address
- postal address or geographic location
- company name and job title
- telephone and fax numbers
- description of question or statement of need
This information may also be collected should you call Marlin.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies do not collect or keep your name or personal information other than a numeric identifier. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the websites that you visit.
Below are the cookies that Marlin uses and why.
Cookies: _uetsid, MR, MUID
Cookies: _biz_flagsA, _biz_nA, _biz_pendingA, _biz_uid
Cookies: _biz_flagsA, _biz_nA, _biz_pendingA, _biz_uid, _ga, _gaexp, _mkto_trk, _vis_opt_s, _vwo_ds, _vwo_uuid, _vwo_uuid_v2, account_id, account_name, calltrk_landing, calltrk_referrer, calltrk_session_id, fs_uid, has_ever_logged_in
We use CallRail to help us understand which advertisements customers are calling us from. CallRail uses the cookies above to help provide that data. These cookies also collect the URL for the site that the visitor was viewing prior to visiting the Site, the visitor’s browser type and IP address. For more information, please read about how CallRail uses your Personal Information.
Cookies: c_user, datr, dpr, fr, pl, presence, sb, wd, xs
Cookies: 1P_JAR, AID, ANID, DSID, HSID, IDE, NID, SID, SIDCC, SSID
These cookies are used to run Google websites and Google’s ads-related products. This group of cookies includes functions such as reading a visitor’s Google preference settings, securing and verifying user identity, making advertisements more engaging for its users, and helping identify the state of a browsing session. For more information, read more about Google’s types of cookies.
Cookies: _ga, _gat, _gid, gsScrollPos*, OTZ
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. For more information, please read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data.
We use Hotjar to help us understand how visitors are navigating through the Site and what aspects of the Site are not functioning correctly. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels. For more information, please read how HotJar uses your Personal Information.
Cookie: _ga, _guid, _lipt, AMCV_*, bcookie, BizoID, BizoUserMatchHistory, ELOQUA, lang, liap, lidc, UserMatchHistory
Cookies: _ok, _okbk, _okdetect, _oklv, hblid, olfsk, wcsid
Cookies: Cookies: __distillery, _pendo_accountId.*, _pendo_meta.*, _pendo_visitorId.*, lpv*, pardot, pd-sidebar, visitor_id*, visitor_id*-hash
Cookies: APISID, HSID, LOGIN_INFO, OGPC, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information:
- To communicate with you about our company, products, or services.
- To improve our products or services, including our website.
- To maintain and administer our website.
- To evaluate the quality of our products and services.
- To comply with our legal, regulatory, compliance or auditing obligations.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was collected.
HOW AND WHY WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Marlin will not disclose your personal information without your consent to do so, except:
- To carry out the purposes for which you have provided it to us
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights
- In the context of a sale, amalgamation, re-organization, transfer or financing of parts or some or all of Marlin’s business
- For purposes of research and development where your personal information combined with all or some of the personal information of other users and such aggregated data no longer contains personal information
TRANSFERRING INFORMATION ABROAD
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Marlin’s website is intended for users eighteen (18) or older. It is not in any way designed to attract children. If we discover that a person under the age of eighteen (18) has submitted personal information to our website, or that someone has inappropriately done so on their behalf, we will delete such information from our databases as soon as practicable and in accordance with applicable law.
TECHNICAL, PHYSICAL, AND ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY
We have implemented commercially reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Methods of protection include: physical measures (e.g., locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices); organizational measures (e.g., security clearances and limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis); and technological measures (e.g., the use of complex passwords and encryption of data at rest and in transit).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
1. Access and Correction
You may at any time challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have it amended or corrected as appropriate. In any such case, Marlin may request that you provide identifying information sufficient to verify your identity and ownership of the information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
2. Receipt or transfer
You may at any time request to receive one copy of your personal information and to have your personal information transferred to a third-party. In any such case, we will, where technically feasible, provide it in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note that this right of portability applies only in limited circumstances, such as: where we are processing personal data on the basis of your consent or pursuant to our contractual agreements with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You have the right to request that Marlin permanently delete your personal information when:
- we no longer need your data for the purposes for which it was collected
- we have been processing the particular data based only on your consent, you withdraw your consent, and there is no other legal ground for us to continue processing
- you successfully object to the processing of certain data (see “Objection” below)
- the data has been unlawfully processed, or
- erasure is required by law.
This right will not apply where continued processing of your personal information is necessary for:
- the exercise of the right of freedom of expression and information
- compliance with applicable law
- performance of a task carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in Marlin
- for reasons of public health
- certain types of archiving that is in the public interest, scientific or historical research or statistical purposes, or
- the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Although Marlin may remove most personal information, such as contact information (address, phone number, etc.), we cannot remove certain records which we are bound to keep by law or by codes of conduct or other authority.
4. Objection and Restriction
HOW DO I EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS AND OPTIONS?
If you wish to take any of the actions described above, please do so by contacting us as described below. We will attend to your request promptly and will respond within a reasonable time.
10 Research Parkway
Wallingford, CT 06492